Indonesia tariffs levied on goods imported into four categories:
- Merchandise. Necessary imports of household goods, including rice, flour, iron and steel, chemicals, cotton, machinery, medicinal and agricultural equipment. The tariff rate on imports of these products primarily in 5 ~ 40%.
- B raw materials. For some industrial products, components and materials necessary, 5-35% in import duties.
Third C-class products. Weak demand in the domestic market or to protect domestic industry to import goods. Imports of goods
Rates the Class B category of goods is higher. (Shipper)
4th D ingredients. As luxury products, some consumer goods, and household products may be, must be introduced to protect property. These imports are highest.
1. Import license. Generally no, some products require a special permit from the Department of Commerce, individual properties, has banned the import of certain goods must be authorized exclusive agent for the import. For many products, monopolistic measures and import quotas.
2. Required documents.
- invoice. Actions ranging invoice must inform the exporter and the recipient’s name and address of the place and the transport, loading, parts marking, serial number, quantity and weight of each type of article and content, as well as the names product numbers and detailed tariff.
- a certificate of origin. There is no uniform requirement, but the government of Indonesia reserves the right to individual cases, applications for certificates of origin of energy. The certificates of origin need three copies of original pieces and 2.
- other documents. Research Report (Laporan LKP = Kebenaran Pemeri Kssan) requires that all goods have been shipped before quality, quantity, price controls. Some goods are exceptions, such as the value of $ 5,000 or less, special products, crude petroleum, petroleum products, precious metals, precious stones and other works of art.
3. Inspection of raw materials. Indonesia, $ 5,000 more than the value of imported goods, the vast majority of tested quality and quantity. When you need to pre-shipment inspection of imported goods, the Indonesian unit of the tested materials to provide the documents (including import licensing, and other special files), pursuant to these documents, inspection agents to contact the seller how to export control. Currently, the seller is a price list of product performance data, a copy of the receipt of officers and agents of control, and other documents. The seller must also provide copies of bills of lading, and shows, and other related documents. Requirements for inspection of import documents and a complete case, the import control agents will report the findings of inspections.
4. Special packaging requirements. Food, beverages, ceramics, glassware, household items, textiles and soap, to be sent to the manufacturer’s original packaging, and product types, performance and trademarks are the packaging, but clearly the type of goods origin of goods, quantity, weight, marks, etc.. In addition, Indonesia should also take into account climatic conditions, special attention to water and corrosion.
5. Customs formalities delayed the inventory. The goods arrived in Indonesia to pay within 30 days. In Jakarta, the port, the goods will be sent within the store instances of simple monitoring, the agency that has the State Ports Corporation. When goods can be stored for 1-3 months, not the sale of stock of the Port Authority, the auction of funds used to pay the storage costs. After deducting the cost of the balance of the auction held 3 years, 3 years remain unclaimed, then deliver to the Treasurer of Indonesia, in the payment of customs duties before the goods are not allowed to return
Free Trade Area and its management system
Currently, Indonesia has built more than 100 industrial area, some with free trade, and formed a free trade zone. Indonesia, the existing more than 10 bonded goods from Indonesia in areas outside the customs area into the Free Trade Zone, is not regarded as imports, and exports without payment of customs duties or other taxes; for purposes such as processing or re-export of various raw materials or finished products imported into the free Free Trade Zone, the domestic ban on imports from Indonesia, the limits; from Indonesia or outside Indonesia’s exports of goods or raw materials bonded, regardless of their use is for direct consumption or processing in the bonded area or temporary storage of goods in Indonesia’s domestic tax , VAT, customs duties and other taxes Jieke exemption; Free Trade Zone within the processed products, in principle, for export; where approved by the Indonesian government to set up enterprises in the bonded area, can enjoy import tariffs, imported goods tax, withholding tax and excise tax and other preferential treatment for tax relief. In addition, listing companies to merge or expand the scale of the way, can still enjoy the waiver of capital goods and raw materials or accessories VAT tax treatment. If the capital property in the goods is transferred or used for other purposes, you can not enjoy the exemption or reimbursement.